Please tell me one year olds are resilient.
Please tell me it's worth it.
Please tell me Owen won't be traumatized.
Please tell me he won't develop some sort of separation anxiety.
Please tell me I can pass an extremely intense math 1050 class.
My biggest stress is, so much time away from my baby! Some days he'll spend at least 7 hours away from me, and most nights I won't be able to put him to bed. It feels so unnatural. I know he can handle it, in fact he may even enjoy it. It's healthy for children to have a variety of care takers, love givers and support systems, but man that maternal instinct is so real; it causes way to many zits, even more tears, shortness of breath and sleepless nights.Please tell me it's worth it.
Please tell me Owen won't be traumatized.
Please tell me he won't develop some sort of separation anxiety.
Please tell me I can pass an extremely intense math 1050 class.
P.S. I know anyone reading this, has or is currently going through something equally or more physically hard, mentally difficult, or emotionally draining. I am well aware that in some areas I am weak.
On the bright side:
- I love my major, and what it teaches me.
- I'm excited for an internship (possibly with LDS family services) where I can sit in on counseling sessions, and actually practice what I would love to have a career in some day (sounds like something I could use right about now right?)
- I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to get an education.
- The summer semester approaching means summer is approaching.
- I have a week long break between this semester and the next.
- Owen says basketball like this:
Notice he's so bugged I'm holding him back? Sheesh.
13 comments:
Sara! I'm totally proud of you for going back and finishing! You'll be so happy that you did, and you'll be done by the end of the summer?! That's awesome!
All I can say is WOW!!! You are amazing! I understand your anxiety and fears about being gone from Owen, but at least it is only temporary. You will be so grateful you finished. What an accomplishment! We'll be thinking about you and cheering you on. Best of luck!
I wish we could watch Owen sometime!! I must say, I am actually jealous that you get to go to school but can totally see how heartbreaking it would be to leave your son! I think he won't remember and it will be good for the both of you!
GOOD LUCK!! You're amazing for taking all that on. I think that's great that you're finishing school, something I have barely started. Owen will still love you no matter what! Go Sara!!!
Oh and how Owen says basketball is so dang cute! I love how his little tongue is going crazy while he says it! Haha. Jordan still says it like basikaball but he can say it right if he really thinks about it. I remember taking a video of how he said it and love to watch it still!
What a heart melter he is? I'm sure that's not correct grammar!! Anyway, Sara, I would be glad to help out with babysitting also. This will be a tough semester, but you'll get through it. Treavor is great at math!!
I didn't realize you were doing all of that!! Good job Sara, it might be really hard but I bet you will be so glad that you did it when all is said and done. I know Kinnie loved the time she had with your mom and it made it so much easier for me to have to leave her. Owen will have a blast. And that is about the CUTEST way a kid could ever say basketball! He is the cutest!
You are amazing Sara. It makes me feel weak that you are nearing the end and so determined to do this! You will be so happy you did. I wish I would have when it was much easier to leave my kids. He will be ok, don't worry about him. It's you who will remember and stress, not him. He will think it's so much fun. Good luck to you! I would be happy to help whenever I can! I"ll do your math class for you, if Treavor will do my Spanish class for me!
GOOD FOR YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!!! It is so temporary that Owen will just think it is a blast to be with dad and grandma. And it will be so worth it! So so worth it. you go, girl!
Oh that "basketball" is SOOO cute! I remember when Jo's Sam used like 8 syllables to say fire hydrant.
I think you are making a great decision! I know it is a tough one!! But you will be so glad you finished and I agree that the different caregivers will be just great for Owen. It will be hardest on you for sure.
That internship sounds so cool!
Good luck this summer, you can do it! I also love the way Owen says "basketball"!
We would absolutely love to watch Owen if you ever need help. Although he may get a bit smothered here! Good luck, you'll be great!
How cute! He is soooo cute!
Good luck with school. I know you can conquer any class you take! even math 1050.
Post a Comment