A few weeks ago, Owen began to recognize stop signs. He would mention the ones he saw out his window and talk about how we need to stop and wait for cars. Well, ironically, the other day I got pulled over and ticketed for not coming to a complete stop at a sign by our house. After being questioned by my little backseat driver as to what the police officer was talking about, I had to explain that I didn't stop, and that I need to do better next time. As we continued on our errands, we came to another stop sign. Owen said louder and with more gusto than he usually had "stop mom stop!" After I did, I looked back at him. His hands were in the air and he was saying "you did it mommy! You did it!" He reminds me to stop every time we're in the car and won't let me forget about my misdemeanor by asking daily "what that police officer say to you?"
I'm glad he gets so proud of me when I obey the laws of the land, but i'm beginning to feel a little patronized by my two year old.

.
8 comments:
Lol!! Sooo funny! Jack used to do the same thing with red lights.
Haha ha!! That's awesome, bummer that you got a ticket but hilarious that Jackson reminds you now to stop. Tucker loves them too and he'll say green-go mom! Red-stop mom! Ha ha. Love this age :)
That is too good! Glad you have him around so you know when to stop. Ha! Gotta love the back seat drivers. Jordan is always telling me to go or stop at the lights and such too. Sorry about the police pulling you over, never fun!
lol. wow so glad we have our kids around to set us straight. so funny and cute.
Lol! Love it! You have such a cute little boy. (and it only gets worse from here on out!) ;)
Hahaha that is a great story! The cops are everywhere right now!! It is so funny when the little ones start to tell you what to do. I remember when I would say "shut up" talking to people and he would have a cow. Cured me of it. :)
Of course I meant Jake when I said "he" LOL
...and the children shall teach them. So funny!!! Sorry about the ticket though. bummer.
Post a Comment