4.19.2010

The big 2 - 5

Yesterday was a big day for me. I turned 25! I kind of feel like a real adult now.

I had a fabulous celebration here's why:

24 hours owie free. He had a sleep over at Grandma's and I had a break
Dinner, California Pizza Kitchen just Treav and I
A little shopping
Carmel apple
Singing to loud music (one republic) in the car like the good old days
Watching Criminal minds all hours into the night
Sleeping a little later than usual
Treavor gave me a cute headband. He knows just my style
A calm and peaceful sacrament meeting
A nap
Yellow cake chocolate frosting
A new pair of shoes
Thanks everyone for the fabulous day!

25 thoughts about my 25th year of life:

1. Had my first summer as a mother. loved it.
2. Got a lot of schooling in.
3. Finally acquired a taste for tomatoes. I tried so hard.
4. Went back east with Treav and his parents.
5. Enjoyed a few weekend trips down south.
6. Became a little more assertive...still have a looong way to go.
7. Was humbled in the realization of how much practice motherhood takes.
8. Ate a lot of peanut butter m&ms.
9. Caught a total of 20 mice. Treav found the holes, sealed em up problem solved.
10. Didn't enjoy just quite enough Owen's daily four hour naps.
11. Learned that I love being at Jazz games.
12. Loved my calling in the Young Womens.
13. Became more comfortable in the kitchen. Found meals I like to cook and love to eat.
14. Got hooked on the office and 24.
15. Took lots of walks.
16. Owen and I loved playing with Clair 3 times a week.
17. Date nights: red-box, popcorn and a milkshake.
18. Laughed hard at Treav a lot!
19. Listened to music in the kitchen, danced with Owen.
20. Said goodbye to Grandma Bell.
21. Became interested in counseling.
22. Made curtains for my kitchen. Realized I can use a sewing machine.
23. Enjoyed every second of Layton being home.
24. Thought about giving Marley away. Loved him too much to do it.
25. worked hard, played hard, a lot of stresses, a lot of joys, a lot of prayers answered.
Life is good. I'm glad I was born.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday yesterday! Sorry I missed it! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. You totally deserve it!

And oh my heck, 20 mice? Yikes! Glad you haven't found any recently :)

♥ kimberly said...

Happy Birthday! I'm kind of having a little anxiety about turning 25. It sounds so old! I'm glad you had such a great day!

Janaca said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a very nice day.

Anonymous said...

Happy BDAY!!! I am so glad it was great!!

Michelle said...

Seriously great post! It made me smile. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Turning 25 isn't so bad, just wait until you turn 30. It feels weird.

Kathryn said...

26. You inspire the Peters family with all your amazing qualities!!! Happy Birthday Sara Bell!!

Eliza said...

Sara! what a dumbhud I am. I totally thought about you on the 17th, trying to remember to be sure and email you or text you, dang it, lame sorry. So happy late birthday! I love you to death and think your the best. When I grow up I want to be just like you, thoughtful, fun, easy going, sincerely sweet, interested, selfless, kind, loving, comfortable to be around and just a doll. love you!

Scott & Rachael Nelson Family said...

On your list of accomplishments you can always say you answered F.A. questions. Not many can add that quality! I was thinking of you on your birthday and hope it was great....sleeping in? Maybe I'll add that to my birthday wish!
Happy Birthday!

Stephie said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you Sweet Sara! 25 is fun!!! I'm glad that you had an awesome day!!! xoxoxo

Macy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

Jenny said...

ahem... guffman? girls camp? anything about your younger years... you're sounding OLD! ;)
just kidding! i can't tell you how much i miss you sara june bell (peters)! 25 was my worst year yet! i cried every time someone told me happy birthday, so i am sure glad to hear you had a fun one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love ya!
Jen

Meags.... said...

YAY! for 25!

Jessica Darling said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! And I'm so glad you were born too!!! I don't know what i'd do with out you. :) Such a cute post Sar.

Tristen said...

Sounds like you had a good day! Happy 25th Birthday! Um I stayed up till midnight watching criminal minds last night. Reruns, but the still hooked me. I didn't know you liked that show.

Andrea W. said...

Sara, happy, happy birthday!!! I loved your list. I'm glad you got to have a great day. I'm sad though I guess we're not in the same van :(. Oh well, maybe you won't have to watch the me breakdown and cry and crawl.

Julie said...

Happy Happy Happy birthday Sara!! We'll have to celebrate when I'm in town next month, I totally want to see you and Owen. We'll have to take the boys to the park or something. Tucker would love it.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Sara!! I'm so glad you had a great day and a good year. Isn't Sacrament Meeting a whole different world with a kid? How wonderful that your husband can pick a gift that you like!

I am interested in counseling too, and would love to hear about what you think when you are in school, etc.