10.15.2013

5 years of joy



5 years ago I became a mother! What a blessing it is that this sweet boy came first. As he grows older it becomes more and more clear that he is meant to be the oldest brother in this family. He is a light and a joy and wise beyond his years. How blessed I am to be his mom, and to have experienced with him feelings I never new a heart could feel. I loved celebrating him and the long big boy he has turned into. 

After Treavor and I figure out what his very specific heart desires, he is so easy to please. He was asking for a big ($50) plane from the new disney movie that was plastic. It talked, and required batteries and lots of space and didn't seem like the fun would last long for Owen. We really didn't want to get it.  Treavor knew that there was a specific reason he wanted this plane and that maybe he would be just as happy with a simpler version. After asking what he loved about it we got to the bottom of it. He had some particular requests with the wings and the propellers, and we soon found out that he would be not only satisfied, but even happier with a teeny tiny version! whew!

So to celebrate his fifth year Owen woke up ready to party we went straight to the kitchen for presents and pancakes, where he hung some decorations the night before, some planes that he painted himself. He Opened 16 little racer planes (most of them from the movie) and an aircraft carrier ship. I love watching him open gifts. He tears the paper slowly with such anticipation that his mouth is watering. He looks at it real hard and thinks real hard, politely says "thank you" and then looks some more. You know you really scored big if he calmly says "how did you know I would love it".

Earlier that week I asked Owen what he would like to do on his birthday. Without hesitation he said "stay home and play all day" That is what makes him the very happiest, and that's exactly what we did. He couldn't have been happier with his new planes and literally played ALL. DAY. LONG. excluding a 10 minute break for lunch and a 10 minute break for his all time favorite tortellini and French bread dinner. Gram even had Lewis over so Owen could have some extra alone time with his new special planes. 

Over and Over that day he said "this is the best birthday ever". He deserved it.







































No comments: