12.13.2010

Loving

Just a few things I am loving about the Owie boy these days:

He can usually be found wearing his aunt's hand-me-down shin guards and soccer socks.

Every night while I make dinner he is right by me in the pantry making his own meal. Complete with Cheerios in a skillet and a Christmas stocking on his hand for a hot pad. He repeatedly warns "don't chouch mom, SO hot!"

He points out letters wherever we go. On the freeway passing Costco he will say "C-O-S-T-C-O....Target!

He loves Aladdin, and watches it more than I'd like to admit. The other day I asked him if Aladdin is funny and he said very seriously "No ladin NOT funny, just Owie's favorite!"

He loves to balance an item of clothing on his foot, stick his foot in the air and say "look at this trick!"

He thinks his Napoleon Dynomite style moon boots are so super cool.

I love this age! Every day seems to bring a little more nuttiness, sweetness and personality of his very own.

8 comments:

Janaca said...

Oh they are so fun aren't they! My boys do the same thing whenever I cook. They get out bowls and spoons and usually stir their blocks around and make me all sorts of yummy things! So cute. Glad you're loving life!

Kathryn said...

It's evident that you are absorbing every moment of his childhood!! He will love hearing these stories when he is all grown up!!!

tiffany said...

Can I just hire you to come and do my blogging for me! Every single post of yours is priceless!! Owie is a lucky guy to have you for a mom!!

Unknown said...

i agree with tiff, you should become a professional blogger. owen is too cute and this is such a fun age . . . except when he tests my patience:)

Nicole said...

Ok, he sounds really really old and I think I am going to be shocked at just how old he really is! He is a cute, creative, sweet and smart boy. He probably knows his letters better then Kinnie!

JoAnna said...

Melt my stinkin' heart!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Oh Sara, seriously.. there is NO better time than this with them!!!! I still miss it with Jake! I still remember him pointing out "V- video", etc. And either you have the cutest kid ever, or you take the best pictures!

Kathi said...

PURE JOY!! What a doll.
Your Christmas card brings a lot of smiles!
Merry Christmas!