Owen has been sick! he had a little RSV virus, and a sore throat and then developed ear infections in both ears, with teething on top of that. He's been a sad boy with a sad mom. I never knew that a sick baby would make me so exhausted, dirty and cranky. He's finally getting better! All the bad symptoms are gone. Today we're just dealing with a lot of congestion, so he cant breath through his nose, so he can't suck his Binky, so he can't go to sleep, so he gets really delirious and mad and cries REALLY hard. Other than those tired mad moments, we have our happy boy back. Now I have some recovering to do. I'm sure all you moms reading this with multiple children are thinking how easy, breasy your life would be, if you simply had to take care of one single sick infant...but it has worn on me!!
On a happy note:
He had his six month photo shoot with his personal photographer Grandma Kat (who might have to do a little touch up to the big scratch on the nose) here are a few of my favorites. Thanks Kathryn!!



17 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry! Poor Owen and POOR mama! I'm glad he's doing better, now hopefully you can get some of that TLC you've been busy dishing out! I must say though that he is one cute stinker! He always is so happy, which probably makes it all the harder when he's not! Hang in there Sara!
Having a sick baby is SO hard! I definitely feel for ya. It's exhausting and you feel so bad for your little one too and there's not much you can do. Those pictures are darling! I'm glad you guys are on the mend. Hopefully you guys can get back to a routine again soon.
He looks so handsome! Sick babies are so sad- for the baby and mama. It makes me so glad for medicine though. Good luck, let me know if you need help with anything or a nap break, I'd be happy to watch a chubby boy!
Oh, Sara, RSV? I'm so sorry! I don't care how much experience a mom has, a sick baby stops everyone in their tracks. It's exhausting for everyone. How sad for both of you. I'm so glad he's doing better. Those pictures are to die for, he looks as happy and healthy as can be.
Oh my gosh! I can't get enough of that cute cute boy! I'm sorry he's sick. It is exhausting and frustrating, isn't it? Glad he's feeling better though.
Sick babies really do make life difficult, glad to hear Owen is feeling better! I love the pictures - I just want to pinch those cheeks! What a cute little guy!!!
It's exhausting to have a sick child even if it is just one. So glad to hear that he's doing better! Hope you both can get some much needed rest! Let me know if you need anything. :)
poor guy, poor mom!! I hope he's all better soon. He sure is cute!
He is so handsome. I'm so sorry he has been sick, especially with RSV, that is really hard. I'm glad that he is on the mend. Now go do some nice things for yourself...you deserve it :)
Those pictures are so stinkin' cute! He is such a cute, photogenic, handsome little man. Really, they make him look like a little man, and I love his expression in the second picture! It is so hard to have a sick baby, especially with what he had, those are some tuff things to deal with. You are a great mom and I am glad he is feeling better! Hope to see you guys soon.
Sara- Oh my gosh there simply aren't enough words to describe how insane it is when the little guys are sick. Bodie is also FINALLY on the mend and I am wearing something other than pajamas! I am so glad for you and Owen that he is feeling better. I absolutely LOVE his pictures!
I'm so glad he is doing better now. Sick babies are SOOO hard.
His pictures are to die for!! LOVE THEM!
Finally! I just found your blog! It's adorable, as is your chubby little boy! (Lily was one of the chubby ones for a while but now that she can move she's thinning out.)
Anyway, I'm glad he's starting to feel better-for both your sakes!!
yeah! finally we get to see your little boy. We would love to see you as soon as things settle down.
Oh my gosh he is so cute I miss him when I don't see him Grandma did a great job those are adorable pictures we miss guys
Sara - having one sick baby is SO hard! It doesn't matter how many kids you have, when one is sick it wears you out no matter what! Having more kids just spreads the sickness around for longer. I am so sorry that Owen has been so sick. It's not fun. We almost had to put Cade on a nebulizer once, but we went to Hawaii with a sick five month old and the humidity cleared it right up. Too bad we can't always pack up and head to warmer climates!
You know, babies on nebulators have such a stigmatism about them, seriously, it's so nuts.
Sorry he's been sicky-poo. I wish I read this sooner and I'd have been over there in 2.5 seconds to come help you.
....I'm calling you in the morning. ....
Post a Comment