4.26.2015

Owen

It's been so great watching owen grow this school year. at his last parent teacher conference. His teacher said "he has blossomed like a flower" I love watching him develop. He is smart and creative and kind. and acting extra old lately. We've experienced a lot of new things together. 


 The theme for reflections this year was "the world would be a better place if...." Owen chose to submit a little painting. His response to the theme was "if everyone obeyed their mom" He drew the cutest picture of a mama owl telling his baby owl to go clean his room. the baby owl was waving goodbye to clean up his pile of (detailed watercolored) toys.
It was a special night when Owen and I went to the school the night all the reflection entries were displayed. We walked in and saw lots of great, creative art. We looked at his age group and couldn't find his entry anywhere. I was looking all over, and then, right as I started to get nervous that Owen's had been missed, I turned around and saw it behind a glass case with a beautiful yellow ribbon on it. There were two visual arts winners for kindergarten through 3rd grad and Owen was one of them! I was so proud! I thought his should win, and I really don't think its just cause i'm his mom.

This is him in front of his painting at the district display. 


 He's a great big brother!


He loves getting home from school and starts getting cozy, and imagining right away. 


100th day of school with zack


Parent teacher conference where his teacher raves about him!


science project 











first bus ride and trip to the planetarium. 


first time practicing lunch for next year. 




Owen made this great friend lavendar this year. The two of them played every day at recess and she came to our house a couple times. She moved and we were sad to say goodbye! Her mom told me that Lavy said "I love owen. He has such a beautiful face". She was right. Theres so much to love about him and his beautiful face. 


No comments: