2.22.2012

Today

It began with gratitude. With Lewis waking up at 6:15 because he was hungry. I went downstairs to get a bottle. I looked out my kitchen window into the pitch black cold morning and through my blurry, groggy eyes saw gobs of headlights sparkling up the freeway. I thought of all those people who were already out their door and on the road. I thought of my dad. He was one of them. I'm sure he was out the door at 6:15. I thought of my husband. his alarm would go off soon and he'd roll out of bed into the daily grind. I said a little prayer of gratitude as I filled up the bottle. I was so grateful for hard working people who get up early day after day to provide. I was grateful for a warm house and a cozy bed protecting me from that bitter cold. I was grateful for the knowledge that Lewis was going to gulp that bottle down and then grunt and purr in content back to sleep. I was grateful for my cozy, cozy bed that I could crawl right back into for another hour.

Later I got angry. I was drying my hair. Every time I dry my hair I am angry. I've had years and years of drying my hair, and just recently have I realized that I am so completely irritated, agitated, and aggravated every. single. time! it's hot, uncomfortable, takes way too long, and usually is not looking how I want it to. If you've ever asked me a question while I was drying my hair, I am sorry. I'm really not a nice person for those minutes of the day.

Then I was proud. Owen and I went to speech with Lori. Our session was full of good news. he's come a long way in the last few weeks and she is so good at making him feel confident.
Then I was embarrassed because I was brought to tears in that little office watching Owen work so hard to conquer the little disfluencies in his speech.

I was happy because the rest of the day was spent at both Grandma's houses. Life is good at the grandma's.

We got home and I was frustrated. Frustrated at myself for not doing a single thing about my messy house that day.

Dinner was prepared and eaten. Lewis spent the meal crawling in and out of our shoe basket and Owen spent it talking about how Roli was proud cause he had "lots of smooth talking". boys were bathed, kisses were given, Treavor went to play basketball and I decided I'll clean the mess tomorrow.



7 comments:

Mama Beus said...

Love the pictures!! I always love reading your posts! I'm hate drying my hair too!! And way to go Owen on 'talking smooth'!!

Nicole said...

Cute pics as usual! I can't stand blow drying either...I am convinced that there has to be a hair style out there that would work best with my hair combined with the perfect product that would be easy and no drying, defusing, straightening, etc. I love that Owen is talking about Roli at the dinner table. I am glad it is going well!

♥ kimberly said...

Days are full of ups and downs, aren't they? Thank goodness for cute little ones to help us remember what's important and give us some BIG ups! Your little ones are especially adorable!

Stephie said...

Love. Love. Love.

Tristen said...

Love it all, agree with it all, HATE drying my hair too. I have seriously considered buzzing my hair while I spend the 25 minutes it takes to go from shower to done. So proud and happy for Owen making such great progress!! Cleaning house is a job that is never done, so enjoy the rest when you can I say!!

Sarah said...

I'm happy your day began with gratitude. Such a sweet reminder to me. Some days I'm frustrated with my messy home as well...what really matters are our babies. Not a perfect home. Many loves. xoxo

Scarlett said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I SO know how you feel with the whole drying your hair thing. My hair is naturally curly, and I don't like to do it curly very much, so I used to blow dry my hair every stinkin day. Until......I discovered the flat iron which is the best thing ever invented. (well, maybe not, but close to it.:)) Now I shower at night and flat iron my hair in the morning. No more blow drying. Has seriously saved me so much time.

Anyway, sorry to go on like that. Lol! I love all the other things that were included in your day. So glad Owen's appointments are going well. You are amazing Sara! Love ya!