2.04.2012

January


I don't particularly love the month of January. So many people say they love it. They love the fresh start. A new year. Setting goals. Organizing. Do you know what I say? I liked last year. Why do we need a new one? I don't want to set goals that I might fail at. It means family time is gone. The Holidays are over. The winter is no longer beautiful to me when it isn't sparkled by lights and Christmas tress. It is just cold and dead. I'm doing my best to not let those tired naked trees outside get me down. It's a good thing January was full of lots of happy moments.

The happiest moment: Layton popped the question! He is engaged to sweet Lauren. The proposal was perfectly romantic. picture them alone in the capitol at night. picture a beautiful room with a breathtaking view. picture her favorite flowers and Frank Sinatra playing on surround sound. Picture a strong and loving, mature relationship that has been years in the making. Picture two beautiful people who are so in love and take such good care of each other.

So, We celebrated. We got to have dinner with Lauren's kind family.

Congratulations to this lovely and fun couple. Life will never be boring for them.

Also last month: Owen spent about 31 hours in the bath and never wanted to get out.

He practiced speech a lot and his stutter has improved a tiny bit. It's been a very slow process, but still extremely rewarding to watch his brain work hard and witness little successes.

He started interacting with Lewis more and more and made him laugh a lot.

He started waking up way too early. even when he goes to bed late. He's in this weird habit, and is bright eyed and bushy tailed at the crack of dawn. We're working on changing that.

Lewis made us happy

He learned this cheesy smile and how to do a fake cry.

He got more teeth.

He can stand for a little while and takes one or two steps. He looks like a wably new calf and gets so proud when we cheer for him.

He ate a lot of waffles and out - eats me and Owen at breakfast time.

I celebrated Mally's 21st birthday with my sisters and parents.
That is one reason I love January, it brought me my first sister and one of my best friends.

Treavor's work moved to a building right by our house! His commute is now 3 minutes and we see him at lunch time and more in the evening.

And now we're a month closer to spring.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, Sara you should get paid to write, you are soooo good at it. Love all your highlights for the month of January!

Carina said...

What a wonderful thing that Treavor's work moved closer. Yay! Also, can't believe that your baby took his first couple of steps. I love those milestones!

Julie said...

Exciting news!! And such a fun update! Glad you see Trevor more and your little guys are so cute!

Andrea W. said...

Yay for good stuff in Blaaaanuary. Yay for Layton and Lauren, love all the pictures, especially the one of them dancing. We need to get together soon!

Kathryn said...

I'm thrilled for Layton and Lauren!! Congrats!! Lauren is marrying into an outstanding family, that's for sure!!!

And we can add your boys received a new cousin too!!!

jim and wendi said...

I still LOVE to read your blog. I know that you are a mom and a wife and that you have many other things going on in your life......BUT, I would love for you to write on your blog everyday! :)