What a Wonderful World.
Much of the world seems as if it's wrong, dirty, dishonest, hard, exhausting...you get the picture. But you know those times when you think Life is good? The earth is beautiful, I'm so glad I'm on it. People are kind, God is tender. What a wonderful world.
Here are a few of the times I think that:
When my boys are playing with each other. At their ages it doesn't happen much, but there really aren't words to express my joy when they are cracking up together.

When I spend a few hours at my grandparents house. They are the most angelic people I know, and I'm pretty sure spending time in their home is pretty close to heaven. Which must mean, in heaven we will eat grilled tuna daily for lunch and you can be sure my Grandpa will eat his heaping pile of assorted vegetables out of his strainer. We will work and read and serve and pray and take naps.
When Bob the appliance man comes to fix my dryer that has been out of service for over a week. He is fair, and extremely reasonably priced, and drove far to get the job done. And then, I take down the clothesline in our basement, and realize what a luxury a dryer is.
When Friday roles around, and I know I will be able to spend some precious time with Treavor.
When my babies are sleeping. Even if it was a rotten day, I know that they are safe and cozy and happy in dreamland. It is a wonderful world, and I'm so grateful I was able to bring them into it.
7 comments:
What darling boys, and wonderful things to be grateful for...thank you for the reminder. Sweet post. xoxo
I totally agree and know exactly what you mean!! :) Your Boys are so cute!
I love the way you so perfectly, concisely express the little joys that make life so rich. LOVE this post!
You make it a wonderful world!!
LOVE this post. It is so true about the world, and what you appreciate is all that is right with it for sure. The boys are DARLING.
Your boys are ADORABLE, just like their momma! Please don't move. I will miss you. ;)
I love your words about gma and gpa's house! It is a peaceful place full of love and laughter.... and chocolate cake with tons of frosting! I love the pure joy on Owen's face. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment