2.08.2010

weekend

Blindside is every bit as good as people told me it is.

Football is highly over rated. Good food however, and being with family is not, therefore I LOVE the super bowl.

We sent our love and 50 hygiene packets to Haiti. We talked about how we wished we could throw in a few chocolate doughnuts and spicy chicken wings, from our party.

It took a while for Owen to get comfortable with the stairs so he used to wait for me to be by his side to go up and down. Well this weekend was monumental because he totally mastered them! He thinks he's so old just wandering around the house all by himself. This morning I was doing dishes and before i knew it, i could hear his pitter pattering above me. It makes me feel like a legitimate mom, with a child just doing his own thing ya know? It's weird how tiny things can hit you as such a bang of change. He was playing basketball, I was doing dishes, and let's be honest...my eyes got a little watery. What am I going to do when that kid goes to college?!?!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute that you got a little choked up about sweet Owen growing up! I know how you feel. Claire has her own agenda these days as she wanders around the house. She'll disappear for a while and come back with a book in hand that she wants me to read or something. It's so cute to see her make decisions and entertain herself, but it's sad that she doesn't need me much anymore!

Kathryn said...

You gonna cry your face off, but sending him on a mission---buckets and buckets of tears!!!!
Thanks to you and Treavor for all your help cleaning up the Super Bowl mess! I banning soda pop from the grandkids from now on! (It was even on the walls!?)

Carina said...

I have to agree about the Superbowl! We got together with friends and it was a blast!

It is so cute how well Owen plays basketball. He is going for the pros for sure. It is crazy when you realize your baby is growing up and moving on. It's exciting and hard as a parent at the same time.

Julie said...

I can't believe how fast our babies are growing up!! I seriously am dying! Now I watch him walk around and he's saying all these words, and I just can't believe it!
Next time we come in town, I really want to get our little guys together! We miss you!!

Tristen said...

Sara - you are officially the cutest mom on the planet. I love it. It is always fun to get together, and I usually don't ever remember the reason, just the laughter that went along with it.