7.29.2009

My advice to you

Treavor got his tonsils out last week. He's pretty miserable, but doing much better than he expected. All the nurses and friends who had gone through it before, just couldn't say enough bad about the pain that's involved in the recovery. He was preparing for the worst experience of his life. The day after the tonsillectomy, Owen and I left Treavor with his wonderful Mom, for babysitting, and took off to my annual Bear Lake family reunion.

In Bear Lake, we missed Treavor like crazy, and basically pulled two all-nighters because of Owen's disorientation, confusion and need for his very own crib. But we still managed to have a fabulous time. I love that place. I love being crammed into a tiny condo with my whole family and having my Grandparents and all my cousins near.

Chocolate Ice cream on the beach

Kinnie and Owen at the pool
We're home now, Owen and I are cherishing every second of sleep we get, and doing our best to keep Treavor out of pain. Although I feel so super bad for him. I've kind of enjoyed myself. He has to take two whole weeks off of work (Dr.s orders!), We, oops I mean he, can only eat stuff like Ice cream, popsicles, and Mashed potatoes from Kentucky Fried Chicken ( which I LOVE and only feel like I can go there if I'm pregnant) and We, I mean he just relaxes, naps and watches movies all day. my advice to you, is if you want some really low key, relaxing, hang out time with your husband...don't discourage him from getting his tonsils out.
Poor Treav.

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh Poor Treavor! Great excuse for you to be able to eat all that fun stuff though! And it looks like you had tons of fun at Bear Lake!
Hope Treavor feels better soon! :)

Mama Beus said...

I love your posts! You are too funny! I do feel so bad for Treavor, but do envy his two weeks off! Wouldn't that be nice! I hope you are feeling better soon little bro!

Janaca said...

I feel bad for Treavor but it does sound kind of nice! Glad you guys can spend some time relaxing together. I am a BIG fan of Bear Lake too. I love it up there and were hoping to go in a few weeks!

ShayLynn said...

Cute blog! I am sorry to hear about Treavor... hope he gets better soon! Sounds like you guys have enjoyed some great laziness... who doesn't love to be lazy once in a while?! :)

Tristen said...

Sara you should be a writer. You make me smile every time I read a post. I love that you are enjoying this time with Treavor. Adam has thought about getting his tonsils taken out too, maybe I should push it so I can spend time with him for a change! I wish Treavor wasn't so miserable poor guy.

Bradley said...

It was so great to see you guys (minus Trevor) at Bear Lake. Sorry you didn't get any sleep, but I hope that you guys are all caught up now and that Trevor is feeling better. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!