This book has given me a whole new world!! I got a new person to visit teach, which i now know was inspired for the well being of me and my family. We were talking about our babies and their routine (or the lack there of in my case) and she let me borrow this book. It has worked wonders. We had to go through some rough and sad nights, of letting Owen cry it out, but after four of them he caught on. He can now put himself to sleep and doesn't need to be fed during the night. Man i wish i would have read this months ago. No more baby up til ten o clock, no more wondering when his naps will be, no more bouncing him in a dark bathroom with the fan on for twenty minutes, no more getting up in the night making bottles. Now we wake up to each other feeling rested, energized and happy. Isn't it amazing how much you love your child when he's asleep??? Let's just hope we can keep it up...I'm scared of regression.4.04.2009
SLEEP
This book has given me a whole new world!! I got a new person to visit teach, which i now know was inspired for the well being of me and my family. We were talking about our babies and their routine (or the lack there of in my case) and she let me borrow this book. It has worked wonders. We had to go through some rough and sad nights, of letting Owen cry it out, but after four of them he caught on. He can now put himself to sleep and doesn't need to be fed during the night. Man i wish i would have read this months ago. No more baby up til ten o clock, no more wondering when his naps will be, no more bouncing him in a dark bathroom with the fan on for twenty minutes, no more getting up in the night making bottles. Now we wake up to each other feeling rested, energized and happy. Isn't it amazing how much you love your child when he's asleep??? Let's just hope we can keep it up...I'm scared of regression.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
LUCKY! Ella is still having issues. I think I'll get that book.
That makes me SO happy! I get really sad for tired mommies who have a hard time with their kids sleeping. I feel like I have really lucked out with my kids and their sleeping habits. I know that some kids are going to give their parents trouble no matter what in this area, but I also know (and now you do too) that kids can be trained...I'm so glad that you found this book...sleep well :)
That's great! I'm glad it worked for you. I should read it and hopefully Jackson will be better than Jordan was.
Yea! I am so happy for you and Owen!! I could have used that book with Gunnar! I don't know how we survive with little to no sleep! But somehow we manage! I am so glad you are getting some well needed sleep!!
Oh my gosh he is SO cute!!
Yes, that's exactly what i had to learn too and you couldn't have said it better. Don't you think it makes him a million times happier too?
Good job Sara! And good job sticking with it. That is the cutest picture of Owen, happy and well rested! I am jealous, does that book talk at all about 18 month olds...or maybe Owen could have a talk with Kinnie.
You're such a good little mom! and he's the cutest kid EVER! i just love him!! That picture is adorable!!! I can't wait for you to come! YAY!!!!
Oh that is absolutely WONDERFUL!! SLEEP is the most amazing thing in the world when you haven't been getting it and then you do. I'm so glad you made it through those long crying nights. That is so great for him to be able to go to sleep by himself as well as sleep through the night. He looks so stinkin' happy. I think I would do nothing but eat those cheeks up if I were you.
Hooray! I think the crying at night is so sad- I was crying in my bed while they cried in their crib until they figured it out. Congrats and hope you have many nights of great sleep!
Well Owen certainly looks happier as well! Thank goodness for good friends!
Way to go OWEN!! There is nothing better than a baby who sleeps! It just makes everyone happy! I am so happy for you guys and that you were able to get through the crying nights. Those are some tough nights. I think that previous comment on your blog under my name was my mom.
What a great picture! I love it. So happy you are all getting much needed sleep! Yea!
The Ferber method is what saved me with Anna, although I never did read the book. My pedatrician just gave me a few pages, probably from that book. Anyway, it's amazing what a good nights' sleep can do for everyone! I may be borrowing that book in a few months. :)
Oh my goodness that picture of him is worth any crying you had to hear! that is ADORABLE! I am so glad that you got this figured out, sleep and schedules make the biggest difference for mom and baby. congrats!
Yes! I love it. I didn't get savanna to sleep completely through the night until a few months ago, so Way to go Sara! Sounds like you've got it under control. Sleep tight!
Post a Comment