Isn't time a funny thing? here it is, almost Halloween. The air is crisp, the leaves have changed. School is in full swing, with bed times enforced and schedules to keep. I look at these photos of Summer and I just feel happy. I don't even remember the crankiness that the itchy heat brought and the sweat in unmentionable places. I don't think of those big days, with tired kids and long lines in crowded places. I don't think of those dragging dog days that didn't seem to end. I don't remember sticky popsicle messes or the loads of sandbox sand on the kitchen floor. My heart is just grateful for the beautiful, imaginative, full summer of 2015. I thank my lucky stars for my sweet kids who explored and played hard, for my husband who mowed the lawn on our steep, steep hill over and over for the magic of Summer and the magic of time that makes the bad stuff disappear.










No comments:
Post a Comment