11.22.2013

Soccer season


Nicole signed her kids up for a soccer league this fall and asked if we wanted to join. Owen and Kinnie got to be on the same team, and it was such a good thing for Owen. It was fun to watch from the first game, where he told me his coach was a girl because of his long grey ponytail. There was a huge contrast between game one, where he pretty much stood on the field and picked his lip and the last game where he really gave it his all. 

He was excited every Thursday to play, and improved each time. We loved watching and hanging out with Landon and Nicole. Lewis of course wanted in on the action and played just as hard off the field as the kids in the game. He can't wait til he can be on a team. 

Owen saw the trophies at the last game before they started to play. At the end of the game he said "I was wondering if the soccer ball could spin, but I thought, I'll just wait til after the game to find out" looking back, he was a little distracted on the field that evening. He was so proud to have his own trophy that "looked just like one on Haylie's shelf."
















1 comment:

Andrea W. said...

How fun to do it with a cousin! I bet they loved every minute. So fun to see them progress in a season. What a cute, sweet boy.