3.18.2013

Christmas morning




 



Christmas morning was a success. We really wanted to wake up with our little family in our new home. it was a close call, but we got the living room just to the point that we could have a cozy little morning by the fire. 
The boys got a tent. Owen got more cars and Lewis got a rocking horse. They are at the perfect ages for the magic and joy of the holiday.
Owen saw this set of cars that are a little bigger and fancier than the ones he already had about a month before Christmas. We told him that he would have to wait until his birthday. He kept saying "please get those cars that we saw for my birthday,  I know it's so far away, but I can be patient, I can do it mom. Please get the box that was right on top of the stack, thats the one I want". 
Needless to say, when Santa left the big box of shiny cars, Owen was shocked and thrilled! 
He has played with them just about every day since. 
When Lewis saw his rocking horse, he hopped right on and started making horsy noises.
This was the first time we spent Christmas morning on our own, and it was such a happy time to be with our boys, who had such small expectations be so gracious and filled with joy!















No comments: