That sweet face is a little deceiving. The last couple of weeks, Lewie's boisterous voice has been delivering constant grunts, screams, yells, cries and extreme fits. He is wearing me out big time! The blaring sounds are usually accompanied by body thrashing, head butting and even hitting. I think these major tantrums hit because of a combination of teething and his age, but mostly because of his desire to comunicate. He is so frustrated that we dont always know just what he wants and he can't express it.
The other day, just when I thought i was going to lose my aching mind. After lewie had spent hours making it very clear that i was somehow not meeting his needs, he pointed to the fruit basket and very sweetly said "nanna?" It was such a breakthrough! It was the very first time he had told me what he wanted! I was thrilled. He was proud. Do you want to know the sad part? We didn't have a banana! Heartbreaking. Now we keep the bananas stocked and he's making baby steps. Somehow, through his loudness, he's still so full of gentle pudgy sweetness. I don't know how he pulls off both extremes so very well.

3 comments:
I only see the adorable side of him! But I totally remember that stage where they just want to communicate so bad, it's definitely frustrating! Hang in there, soon he will be talking up a storm!
Oh man. That stage is so hard. It's a good thing we love our kids so much! :)
Oh so cute, what a great breakthrough!
Post a Comment