5.07.2010

Sweet Mothers

Our little family of three is so blessed to have two strong, sweet, gentle, loving, doting, faithful, selfless women in our lives.
Happy Mothers day!


Dear Kathryn,
When I think of you, I think of compassion. You more than anyone I know actually feel what other people feel. I'm so impressed at the way you can read the people in your life. You know what they feel, and you feel it with them. Your strong desire to alleviate any pain, help solve problems and celebrate achievement and joy makes others feel so loved. Your productiveness, sense of humor, time, service and lipstick kiss marks brighten our lives constantly.
Thank you for laughing at Treavor, listening to me, and loving Owen.
You will never know how blessed you make the lives of your 20 grandchildren. You will never know how grateful I am for the way you taught my husband how to treat a women. You will never know how you immediately made me feel like part of the Peters family, And you will never know how much I love you.


Dear Mom,
When I think of you, I think of love for little things. I love your deep and sincere passion for a cool breeze, good smells, creamy chocolate, folding your children's laundry and a Sunday afternoon spent with your family. My life is better because you taught me how to let little things make me happy. You know how to fix any feelings of sadness. You know how to make me feel special. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the lasting memories of painting nails on the front porch as a little girl, reading books on the couch before bed, cuddling in my teenage bed, listening to leaving on a jet plane. Thank you for listening to details about crushes and friends, and for the multi-daily chats on the phone as an adult. You have been and still are 100% devoted to being at the back door at 3:05 when your kids come home from school for the last 22 years. Thank you for making your children your life, and for realizing that now, as a mom, I need you as much as ever. I love you.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved this post. How eloquent and sweet! :)

Janaca said...

You sure have a way with words! Reading this post made me want to cry. Mothers are such a huge part of a persons life and sounds like you've been blessed with 2 wonderful women as examples in your life. Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Stephie said...

Sara you are amazing! You should write a book! You have a beautiful way of expressing yourself! I read what you write and think now why can't I get out my feelings just like that! You are so gifted! And I feel so blessed to call you family! xo

JoAnna said...

First of all, ditto to the previous comments. Second, this brought tears to my eyes. Esp reading about your mom. (although your MIL inspired me as well!) I've just always admired your mom to nth degree. If I could be more like any person on this earth, it would be your mom. I've always wished I could be a fly on the wall in your parents home in order to bask in their parenting wisdom (not to mention the fun!).
Thanks for sharing these letters with us.
And, if your mom won't won't write a mothering book, will you write it for her??

JoAnna said...

I must come back and say that I, in no way, mean to take away from the incredible mother that my own mom was/is.

Kathryn said...

Sara, you made me cry. Your kind words mean the world to me. Thank you and always know how much I LOVE YOU! And your MOM!!! she is a great example to me, as well.

Thank you for the yummy lemon cookies!! You know how much I love them!!

Tristen said...

Sara - you are too cute for words. I am so lucky to call you my sister(-in-law). Thanks for making my brother that happiest man in the world! I know he worships the ground you walk on, and rightly so.

Unknown said...

seriously sara, you are amazing. i could not have expressed my feelings better. thank you for your sweet letter to my mom. it's amazing how different mother's day is when you get a small glimpse of what our mom's went through (i will never know how they raised SIX kids). i hope you have a happy mother's day!!

Jessica Darling said...

So I totally cried when I read this! You are so good are expressing things Sara! Something I am not so good at. I hope you have a great day! Like your Mom and Mother-in-law, you are also amazing Sar!

Eliza said...

Sara that was BEAUTIFUL. It helps that you have beautiful subjects, but still you have such a gift of expression. I love how you summed them up so well in just a little paragraph.
You are dead on with your mom, ditto to Joanna, I would love to have a parenting book by Liane, and you little missy are just like her. the way mothering just comes so naturally and intuitively to you, and how much you emanate love and warmth. loved this post, your mil sounds amazing too!